June 19, 2013
Rank #1 in Google in 3 Days
I will assume that most business owners have heard of SEO before. New Balance Heren At least through spam mails that promise to give you “#1 rank in Google in X days.”
An average of 67% business owners fall for this promise and are being left with a bad experience. sac à dos fjallraven kanken pas cher nike air max pas cher Like in any other industry, we also have scam companies that give our industry a bad reputation.
I am sorry to be blunt, but I believe that if a company has fallen for an SEO scam, it’s their own fault too. nike air max 2017 goedkoop Always check references. If it is too good to be true, then it is not true. nike air max 2017 pas cher If it cost too much below industry average, be aware. Nike Jordan 11 Future There are no miracles.
I will discuss the most important points of a website from the SEO as well as from a visitor’s perspective. Next time you receive a rank-#1-tomorrow-in-Google type email, you will know better.
All starts from the time your website is developed…
Developing for SEO and Visitors
Navigation that show the way, right the way!
The main navigation needs to be user friendly – for search engine and users – this will reflect in your bounce rate, rankings and conversions. The best solution is to have the company that is doing your SEO to develop your website as well. Boutique Nike This is the best approach since the SEO company would understand all that needs to be done during development to make the website search engine friendly:
- Home page should contemn snippets of the more important pages on the website with a direct link to these pages
- Please restrain from using Flash entrance page (splash page) or Flash/Image based navigation
- Do-follow all your internal links, so all pages can be indexed on search engines and rank properly.
- Use breadcrumps. chaussures gel lyte 5 They are good for visitors and search engines
- Make your URL count. It should be relevant to the page content (no page3.html sort of file)
- All pages should be 3 clicks away from being assessed
Content, Still King
Content is King. Long live the King!!
Ask any SEO consultant (yes any one of us), most important part of your website for SEO is the copy you write. There are no magic, no tricks, don’t fall for that. These are the points you need to pay attention:
- Engagement: an audience loves to engage, so react out to your visitors by posting articles and information to engage them. That is where a blog comes into play. Use the blog to keep your visitors educated giving them a chance to interact
- Intent: enhancing the user experience, will keep your visitor interested and spending more time on your website
- Keywords: never mind what changes in algorithms Google comes up with, concentrate on keyphrases that are related to your services or products Include relevant keyword in your URL, page title, body text, meta description and even alt tags (to have your images showing up properly on the Google image search) … and in internal and external links, as well.
- Copy: Refrain from using duplicate, spun, thin content and focus only on providing meaningful and valuable information.
Page Speed – Staying ahead
Although it might not be on Google’s priority list of a high-impact ranking factor, it certainly makes a difference. Maglia Dwyane Wade It will have a negative effect on conversions and consequently revenue. If it take longer than 3 seconds for a page to load, about 46% of your visitors will abandon your site.
Google’s Hummingbird is very much on responsive design. Google wants websites that perform well on all devices, no exceptions.
More than protecting your work online, authorship will help build your company’s reputation and trust. chaussures asics pas cher It will also brings you more exposure when going viral. Claiming authorship has become a necessity not an option.
Don’t be afraid, socialize
Nowadays, social media is as important as link building. Fjallraven Kanken Kinderen baskets ASICS Already the number of tweets has a direct connection with rankings, but with Facebook Likes it is still not very clear.
Keep in mind that optimizing your copy on social media is important, if your content is shared more, it will be linked more – which is one of the most important ranking factors.
Nowadays it is not enough to ensuring that your site is optimized for mobile, loads fast, offers meaningful content for visitors (even though they hardly read it) and build an intuitive navigation are some ways of satisfying users.